What sets us apart from typical child care services is our commitment to serving children of all families. Our modern facilities, nutritious menus, and qualified staff members create a stimulating learning environment to foster your child’s development. Here’s why we are the best option for early education and child care.
Nurturing EnvironmentsThe elements of our environment include:
- Safety: Secure entrances/exits, sign-in and sign-out journals, dedicated janitorial and maintenance techs
- Classroom Layout: Education suites, educational age appropriate learning and play supplies, books, blocks, sand and art materials; appropriate teacher/student ratios
- Purposeful Play: Indoor and/or outdoor gyms; creative and engaging activities
- Family Partnerships: Collaborative, positive relationship between teachers, children and families; experienced academy leadership; family communication and feedback processes
Convenient Locations and HoursBrightside Academy operates 33 locations in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. For your convenience our academies are found near schools, public transportation, convenience stores and other local amenities. Accommodating hours of operation ensure your child is learning and being cared for when you need it most.
Learning ProgramOur Steps to Success curriculum is designed to promote kindergarten readiness in infants, toddlers and preschoolers. The key components of Steps to Success include:
- State-of-the-art child development and learning program
- Monthly learning modules
- Weekly lesson plans
- Family partnership to complement classroom activities
- Child progress reports
Quality and CredentialsBrightside Academy is committed to achieving the highest quality credentials in each state we serve. We are recognized by NECPA (National Early Childhood Program Accreditation). Many of our locations have achieved high ratings under state initiatives focused on improving early childhood education including Ohio’s Step Up to Quality and Pennsylvania’s Keystone STARS. Our staff is professionally trained and qualified. We employ experienced academy management and teaching professionals; many with degrees in early childhood education. All employees are hired in compliance with state requirements and qualifications as a base minimum. We provide our staff with ongoing professional development opportunities to continually improve their skills and techniques to help children learn better.
Nutritious MenuOur menus meet the nutrition standards of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. We participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) to improve the diets of our children and develop activities to help them acquire healthy eating habits. Each day, depending on age, your child will receive:
- High-quality infant formula
- Gerber baby food and cereal for infants
- A nourishing lunch and/or dinner, and
- A healthy morning snack
Convenient Payment OptionsBrightside Academy offers the convenience to pay by credit card, money orders, checks or cash. In addition, we accept child care vouchers/subsidies from most government-funded programs such as:
- PA: CCIS