With the summer coming to a close, select Philadelphia Brightside Academy locations are now enrolling for our quality pre-k programs! Brightside Academy offers three quality kindergarten readiness programs: Head Start, PHLprek, and Pre-k Counts. The purpose of these program are to provide families with children ages 3 to 5 with a free and quality based school readiness curriculum. Continue reading to learn more about these programs, registration requirements, important start dates and more!
- Language and Literacy
- Approaches to Learning
- Physical Development and Health
- Social and Emotional Development
Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts
The Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts pre-kindergarten program, established by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, makes quality pre-kindergarten opportunities available to children and families across the state of Pennsylvania.
The Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts program:
- is based on the quality components adopted for pre-kindergarten by the State Board of Education;
- provides families in participating communities with a choice of quality pre-kindergarten options in a school, child care center, Head Start, or nursery school;
- increases access to quality pre-kindergarten to children and families throughout the commonwealth with a priority in at-risk communities; and
- builds on the work of the Pre-K Counts Public-Private Partnership for Educational Success, a three-year project funded by leading Pennsylvania foundations and supported by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
HS and Pre-k Counts Registration Requirements
The Head Start and Pre-k Counts programs are based upon income eligibility and do NOT work on a first come first serve basis, the date that the application is completed does not guarantee enrollment into the programs. The in-take process for both programs are completed through the same application. The PHMC Head Start Application is available at any of our Philadelphia locations that offer Head Start and Pre-k Counts.
In addition to the application, you will need:
- Proof of the child’s age; Birth Certificate, Passport etc. In order to be eligible the child must be at least 3 years old but not more than 5 as September 1, 2017.
- Proof Income; Tax Documents, Pay-stubs, Welfare letters etc.
- Proof of Current Address
- Child’s Health records
PHLpreKThe PHLpreK program is Philadelphia’s FREE quality pre-k program. Unlike Head Start and Pre-k Counts, the PHLpreK program is NOT based upon income eligibility and works strictly on a first come first serve basis. PHLpreK is available to 3 and 4 year-olds who reside in the City of Philadelphia. You are likely eligible to enroll your child for the PHLpreK 2017-18 academic year if:
- Your child has turned 3 or 4 by September 1, 2017
- You are a resident of Philadelphia
Program Hours & Enrollment Dates
These programs are for children enrolled for the traditional school day (5.5 hours), school year. If you require hours beyond a traditional school day and summer, Brightside Academy offers before and after care services at affordable flat rates as well as through CCIS!
Slots for all programs are filling up fast, we recommend applying ASAP to secure your child a spot for the 2017-2018 Academic Year! Click HERE to find a Philadelphia location and get started on an application TODAY!