With a focus on early education and school readiness, our educational programs include a creative early childhood curriculum in which your child will receive individual development in the areas of reading, math, communication and exploration. Our Brightside Academy “Steps to Success” early education curriculum is developed in the science of child brain development. It is an integrated program of three nationally recognized learning curricula that prepares children to be ready for their academic lives by providing the cognitive, social and emotional baselines needed for learning. Key components of “Steps to Success” include:
- State-of-the-art child development and learning program
- Monthly learning modules
- Weekly lesson plans
- Parent “Home Connections” program to complement home support
- Child progress reports
Brightside Academy’s “Steps to Success” Early Childhood Curriculum
Infants & Toddlers
6 weeks – 3 years
This is a great place for babies to explore the world in a safe, nurturing and creative environment.
Each day, infants and toddlers grow and learn at a phenomenal rate! Through play, our Steps to Success curriculum is designed to expand upon children’s natural curiosity and address the skills that are the foundation to life-long growth and learning.
Features of the Brightside Academy Infant & Toddlers Program:
- Nurturing, personal care that is responsive to each child’s individual needs and interests
- Frequent teacher-child interactions that encourages socialization and exploration
- Playful experiences that strengthen learning, social, and physical skills
- Age-appropriate classroom environments that are warm and inviting as well as supportive of learning and development
- Regular teacher-family communication, including daily reports and conferencing
- Research based curricular experiences that are designed to ensure meaningful exploration and learning
- Age-appropriate activities and materials that develop confidence, cognition, self-esteem, and a love of learning
4 – 5 years
Prepare for Kindergarten! Our preschool program instills confidence and the love of learning.
Preschool children are preparing for the first big step in their educational journey – kindergarten! The Brightside Academy Preschool Program readies children for school by teaching them concepts such as letters, counting, shapes, and colors while also instilling a sense of independence, confidence, and love of learning. Our early childhood curriculum is varied with instructive and play experiences, children will be taught all of the skills needed to successfully transition to kindergarten.
Features of the Brightside Academy Preschool Program:
- Daily discussions and experiences in mathematics, science, and literacy
- Interactive, hands-on experiences that encourage independent, creative thinking
- Classroom activities that build a sense of community awareness and appreciation and respect for others
- Opportunities to develop and maintain friendships
- Regular teacher-family communication, including daily reports and frequent conferencing
- Experiences that help to prepare your child for kindergarten, school success, and life-long learning
6 -12 years
We provide supervision and support so your child can have fun and get help with homework.
For school-age children, Brightside Academy offers before-and after-school care. When school is not in session, children need to be a part of a safe, comfortable, yet stimulating environment. Brightside Academy offers school age children a chance to expand upon what they have learned at school by providing a variety of fun, social, and engaging experiences. From homework help to fun physical activities, our program is designed to give children a chance to relax, be confident, make friends, and learn.
Features of the Brightside Academy School Age Program:
- Daily homework support and enrichment Regular homework support
- Opportunities for children to exercise and engage in safe, guided physical activity.
- Activities and experiences that encourage leadership and strengthen communication skills
- A comfortable environment designed to boost your child’s confidence, self-esteem, character, and social skills
- Regular teacher-family communication, including frequent conferencing