Many studies show that attending quality early learning programs strengthen school readiness and long-term academic performance. Regular attendance in these programs is critically important for children to become successful life-long learners. Early education can open the doors of opportunity for every child to do well in school, in the workforce, and in life.
The Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts pre-kindergarten program, established by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, will make quality pre-kindergarten opportunities available to children and families across Pittsburgh.
The Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts program:
• is based on the quality components adopted for pre-kindergarten by the State Board of Education;
• provides families in participating communities with a choice of quality pre-kindergarten options in a school, child care center, or nursery school
• increases access to quality pre-kindergarten to children and families throughout the commonwealth with a priority in at-risk communities
• builds on the work of the Pre-K Counts Public-Private Partnership for Educational Success, a three-year project funded by leading Pennsylvania foundations and supported by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Early results from this public-private initiative find that children’s early learning improves when all early learning programs in a community share resources to improve quality and coordinate early learning experiences in pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, and beyond. Find more information at http://www.pakeys.org/getting-started/ocdel-programs/pre-k-counts/
Enrolling your child in a Pre-K program at one of our Pittsburgh academies can ensure that your child has a quality educational presence in early life that promotes growth in their future. Many of our locations in Pittsburgh have Pre-K programs with immediate openings in the following Pittsburgh Academies:
Downtown Pittsburgh -925 Liberty Ave, 15222
City of Pittsburgh -Squirrel Hill, 15217
Brightside Academy in Philadelphia is excited to host a free 12-week parenting certificate program in partnership with Southwest Nu-stop Inc. The program begins on Sept. 12 and will be held at the Brightside Academy regional office at 3230 N. 3rd St. 19140 from 6:00-8: 00 pm.
Parenting workshops aren’t just for young or inexperienced parents; they’re for everyone who wants to be an empowered parent. Programs, like this one, can give you access to a wealth of knowledge that you may not be able to get otherwise. Through the workshop, parents will gain valuable parenting tips and knowledge on topics including:
• Positive parenting
• Protecting your children against abuse, neglect, and abduction
• Communicating with respect
• Managing stress
• Self –esteem
• Positive discipline
• Educational needs and development
• Confrontation and problem solving
There will also be plenty of giveaways, for those who attend including:
• Light dinner
• Workshop materials
• Occasional door prizes
• Cash stipend of $100 (upon completion of the program)
Space for this event is limited! Call 412201-5501 Ext. 221 to register today!